The Magician

Oooh I'm barely 18 minutes in to module 4 of Tarot By The Numbers and Dax mentions something I never noticed about The Magician I thought ide share: you can only see half the table (in the Waite deck)?! Why didn't I pick up on that before? What's on the rest of the table? All kinds of other goodies I hope...that's why I like these forums, to see things thru other mindsπŸ’™πŸ–€πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’—

You need to be a member of The Tarot Guild to add comments!

Join The Tarot Guild

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I love the fact that some decks refer to The Magician as "The Alchemist" -- so much about the idea of "changing lead [normal, dualistic understanding] to gold [spirituality, connection with All That Is]." And here, under the table may be things and ideas that the Alchemist has already discarded.

I love symbolism that gives you a deep dive!10078984491?profile=RESIZE_584x

• LOVE that card Corbie!

• YES! ....I've always took it as, "we only have half of the story"! πŸ˜‰πŸ’œ

I've always seen the Majors as "The Journey of The Magcian", as opposed to the usual "Fool's Journey" .....The Magician is all about "Manifestation", and we only have "half of the story".

This is because we live in a dualist Universe, where our "senses" dominate, and we don't see the full-nature of existance. Once we do, we can "manifest" anything! πŸ˜ŽπŸŽ‰β˜•οΈ

• The Essential Guide To Tarot by David Fontana says about the Magician that "He guards entry to the Major Arcana and reminds us of the illusory nature of the material world and that our view of reality may have to change if we are to proceed further." I like that explanation or view, gonna throw that in with the other views I have of this card.

• One of my favorite Magician cards 9834464865?profile=RESIZE_930x... from The Prophetic Tarot of The Bible by Giordano Berti, artwork by Severino Baraldi... totally different take on it.Β 

• πŸ–€Oooh I absolutely love this depictionπŸ–€

• At the other side of the table, the High Priestess is patiently holding her scroll. The little white dog is sitting at her feet.

• Whaaat? I'm gonna check that out wow

This reply was deleted.

Quick Links:

Activity

Daniel W Metheny posted a status
psychic cafe will be at a special time this evening, come join us

https://youtu.be/UUl9ZO1BT3c
19 hours ago
Dax Carlisle and Daniel W Metheny are now friends
yesterday
Jenara Helix is now a member of The Tarot Guild
Sunday
Daniel W Metheny posted a status
Hello Everyone Come Join us today for psychic talk on YouTube at " psychic.cafe/live " and show your support 11am pacific, 2pm Eastern, and 7pm London, See you there
Saturday
More…